We are aware that you place your trust in us. We see it as our responsibility to protect your privacy. On this page, we tell you what information we collect when you use our website, why we collect it and how we handle it. This way you will understand exactly how we work.
The website www.qoss.nl/www.qoss.de/www.qoss.be of QOSS processes privacy-sensitive data. These data are called personal details. We believe that careful handling of personal data is of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any adjustments and/or changes to the website may lead to changes in this privacy statement.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In our processing, we adhere to the requirements of the Privacy Act. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only those personal data that are necessary for the set purposes
- ask you for your explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require this of parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data at your request.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Use of personal data
When using our website, you leave certain data with us. This could be personal data. Personal data is collected by us in various ways. For example, you can order items through our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal data to complete the order.
In addition, you can create an account on our website, to gain insight into your orders and to maintain your wish list. Personal data are also collected when viewing our website on various devices, such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer.
Furthermore, it is possible that you contact us with questions and/or complaints by post, e-mail or telephone. In that case, we will contact you to handle the question or complaint.
In addition, data may also be collected through social media channels (such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In this case, we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we may process the following data (depending on the data you enter yourself, for example by placing an order, participating in competitions or creating an account):
- Name and first name(s);
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- (Billing) Address;
- Technical data of the equipment you use (e.g. your smartphone/laptop/tablet or a kiosk from the shop), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used;
- Payment details;
- Purchase history;
- Login details for your account.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS DATA?
The above data is used for the following purposes:
- To offer you the possibility to order articles via our website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website;
- To process your order and inform you about its progress;
- To communicate with you by means of sending digital newsletters and/or post;
- To answer your questions or process your complaints via social media, e-mail, post or telephone;
- To improve (at an individual level) our website, range and services both in-store and online. We do this on the basis of your preferences, market and customer surveys and the use of our website by visitors;
QOSS collects and processes these personal data, which are provided by the visitor/customer upon entering into the agreement, consent or legitimate interest.
Providing these personal data for the purpose of a purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition for entering into an agreement with QOSS. If these data are not provided, QOSS may not be able to fulfil its obligations under your agreement or to enable you to fulfil your own obligations.
Your data will be kept for seven years after you have made a purchase for analysis purposes and for commercial purposes such as suggestions for repeat purchases.
Provision to third parties
QOSS will in certain cases, if necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, pass on personal data to third parties.
- Mail order company, for the delivery of your order;
When the product is purchased online also:
- Hosting party of the website including the developer;
- Payment provider, to take care of payments and refunds;
Furthermore, we will not provide the data you provided to other parties if you have not given us permission to do so, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police request information from us in the context of a fraud investigation. In that case, we are legally obliged to hand over these data.
In principle, QOSS does not pass on personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area or to international organisations, unless this is necessary for the performance of the purchase agreement.
We combine your personal data from various sources in order to provide you with the best online shopping experience. We do this by linking various pieces of information about you, such as your account information and your purchase history.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
QOSS attaches great importance to the security of personal data. We are also obliged by law to ensure that your personal data are properly secured. For this reason, we have taken - among other things and where appropriate - the following suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data:
- Personal data are encrypted and pseudonymised;
- Use of a good password policy;
- Setting up authorisations;
- Personal data will be stored on servers with adequate security at suppliers with which QOSS has concluded a processing agreement;
QOSS makes use of certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of any changes.
INSPECTION AND ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA
If you have provided us with personal details, you can change them at any time in your account. You can log into your account at www.qoss.nl. You can also contact the QOSS Customer Service if you wish to inspect the data that QOSS has recorded about you and to have them removed or corrected if they are incorrect or incomplete.
QOSS CUSTOMER SERVICE
QOSS Customer Service Department
De Oude Veiling 70H
1689 AC Zwaag
Phone number: +31 (0)229 70 38 72